Saturday, August 25, 2007

25 August, 2007

Seems like ages since parting with "My Precious". I don't miss it, really. It's only been 10 days. Time is a funny thing indeed. Anyway, I wanted to point out I quit smoking June 10 of this very year, so it's now been 76 days and do I ever feel a difference. It feels great. So much more oxygen and energy. My lungs expand much more and I become less tired. Very, very good. I quit drinking, of course, August 18 2006, over a year now and, needlesstosay, that feels extremely good as well. I only wish I'd done it sooner, or never at all in the first place. Feeling healthy is a very good thing. Excercising is key too. I've done a lot of walking the past two weeks. To work and back. Up to and around Phalen once and will probably do so again today.

End of month I'll move into my little efficiency. Small, but mine. Starting my life over again in a sense. A little scary, but good. I have no furniture and will have to save in order to get some, but, as Jason Bourne (in the books) would say, "So be it".

No comments: