Saturday, November 15, 2008

On what terms life?

15 Nov., 2008:

Ah, mi old blog. It's been a long time and a lot has happened the birth of this blog. Still on probation for a few more months, but I do now have a valid license. Of that I am too proud. I am even looking at cars these days. Online and auto periodicals. If the economy holds all I have much to look forward to. If it does not and I find myself layed off, I'm not sure I want to struggle anymore. What does that mean? It means as it reads. A hard life may not be worth living. A secure, comfortable life is worth living. To live for life's sake does not necessarily make much sense. I see people downtown St Paul wandering about. One can always tell the homeless, or, if not homeless, the ones who struggle just to maintain their very breath. That is no life to me. I do not care to think about sleeping in some shelter with hundreds of others, most of who cannot be trusted, or are of disease, etc...I do not care to find myself standing in line for food I'd not normally consume from the very government who had a significant hand in my being layed off, nor do I wish to consider returning to live in some small room of an ex who, had I my druthers, I'd have nothing to do with the remainder of my life. No, that is no life for me and I am not afraid of the alternative should that outcome ensue. No, not me...not me.

No comments: